You have no items in your shopping cart.
P2 respirators are commonly used in a range of industries including the healthcare sector, to protect the wearer from airborne particles which may pose significant health risks from exposure.
Ensuring a correct fit is critical to the respirators' effectiveness.
View our step by step instructional video to wearing the QSi P2 duckbill respirator.
Learn how to correctly put on (don) and safely remove (doff) your P2 respirator, as well as ensure the correct fit and seal is achieved, for maximum comfort and protection.
The P2 Duckbill Respirator is certified to AS/NZS 1716:2012 which is the preferred standard for New Zealand and Australia. This standard is the local equivalent to the American N95 standard.
For a downloadable copy of our fitting instructions, please click here - P2 Duckbill Respirator Fitting Guide.pdf.
We recommend displaying this poster on the wall next to your P2 respirators, as a quick guide for your team.
Before using any respiratory products:
• It is a mandatory requirement to have a respiratory programme that complies with AS/NZS 1715 standards selection, use and maintenance of RPE (respiratory protection equipment).
• As per AS/NSZ 1715 standards, fit testing is to be carried out when the worker is first provided with a close-fitting respirator and at least annually, or whenever there is a change in the wearer’s facial characteristics or other features which may affect the facial seal (reference AS/NZS 1715:2009).
• The protection factor of your respirator cannot be relied upon unless your mask has been fit tested.
• When you’re wearing respiratory protective equipment (RPE) at work, you should be clean shaven to make sure it’s forming a seal and protecting you from breathing in harmful materials.
• Contact QSi for more information on fit testing.
Additional resources:• https://www.worksafe.govt.nz/about-us/news-and-media/worksafe-new-zealand-launches-life-shavers-campaign-to-reduce-respiratory-harm/